There’s no question that Bahia Honda State Park is one of the most beautiful places in Florida. With its sandy beaches, lush vegetation, and clear waters, it’s easy to see why this spot is so popular. However, there are a few things to keep in mind before you visit.
Here’s what you need to know about Bahia Honda State Park.
A mile-long sandy beach is your next destination at Bahia Honda State Park. You can swim and snorkel from here.
The water is crystal clear and the oceanfront site has three duplex cabins.
- Bahia Honda State Park offers three full-facility campsites and vacation cabins. Each one has full kitchen appliances, linens, central air conditioning, and two bedrooms. These cabins are situated on stilts, and reservations are required, and you should plan ahead.
- The park is only accessible by boat. This means that if you’re coming from out of town, you’ll need to either rent a boat or take a ferry. The good news is that there are plenty of options for both, so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting here. If you’re traveling by boat, you can rent a slip at the marina and enjoy all the park has to offer. You can also enjoy geocaching and casual bike rides in the park. The Sand and Sea Nature Center is also nearby, with exhibits and activities for kids.
- Once you arrive, you’ll find that there are plenty of things to do. You can lounge on the beach, go for a swim, hike through the vegetation or even go snorkeling. There’s something for everyone at Bahia Honda State Park.
- The park is home to some dangerous wildlife, so it’s important to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Additionally, the elements can be harsh, so make sure you pack sunscreen and plenty of water.
How much does it cost to get into Bahia Honda State Park?
The cost to get into Bahia Honda State Park is $8.00 per vehicle, but all visitors are required to pay an entrance fee: $2 for pedestrians and bicyclists; extra passengers will be charged at the visitor’s rate (which has been determined by each individual agency).
The maximum number of people allowed inside a car with Annual Individual Entrance Passes on board remains 8 total – including yourself!
Does Bahia Honda allow dogs?
Bahia Honda State Park is a great spot for dog lovers. Leashed pets are allowed to join their owners on the beaches, with some restrictions – no dogs in cabins or bathhouses!
But dogs will be pleased because this state park has an extensive nature trail where they can explore while enjoying one of Florida’s beautiful sunsets at the end.
Can you take shells from Bahia Honda State Park?
The park prohibits spearfishing, the possession of spearfishing gear, and the collection of tropical fish by any method. The park prohibits the collection of live shells and queen conchs.
Otherwise, there’s nothing standing between your next great vacation adventure!
Extra Features of Bahia Honda State Park
The state park features three campgrounds with 80 sites.
Bayside has RV sites, Buttonwood offers tent camping, and Arrowhead provides campsites for tents. All campsites feature electric hookups, grills, and water connections.
The primitive sites do not have electricity but are still plenty of fun.
Bahia Honda also offers 19 boat slips and cabins for rent. There are restrooms and hot showers, interpretive exhibits, and concession stands for snacks, marine supplies, and rental boats.
The park is accessible with picnic tables, wheelchair ramps, and a boardwalk.
It occupies 524 acres of an uninhabited island.
Guests can take a stroll on the sandy beach and enjoy sea breezes throughout the year. It offers snorkeling excursions, as well as kayaking and fishing trips, and is a good place for nature lovers.
The state park is a popular destination for visitors who want to see birds in their natural habitat.
There are two separate campgrounds at Bahia Honda State Park.
- Arrowhead Campground is open year-round.
- It is located next to the Buttonwood campground.
Both campgrounds feature electricity and water.
A shuttle stops at Bayside for shuttle service. There are also restrooms and drinking fountains. You can choose one of them, depending on the nature of your trip. For a budget-friendly option, try Buttonwood campground.
As you can see, camping at Bahia Honda State Park can be a great experience for everyone involved. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone busy, and the scenery is simply breathtaking.
Overall, Bahia Honda State Park is definitely worth a visit. Just be sure to plan ahead and take all of the necessary precautions and you’re sure to have a great time.
So, if you’re ever in the area, be sure to check it out! You won’t regret it!