Have you ever wanted to escape for a weekend getaway or maybe even a week-long vacation, and just head down to the Sunshine State? Then I95 to Florida might just be the perfect route for you!
With nearly 1,000 miles of pavement from the Mason-Dixon line to the Gulf of Mexico, there is plenty of scenery and adventure that awaits your journey.
Whether it’s the historical sites in Richmond or the beautiful beaches in Miami, I95 has something for everyone.
Does I-95 go to Florida?
Roads are considered to be an integral part of the perfect infrastructure of a country. The interstate roads in the USA have great importance since they connect different states together through the land.
If we eliminate the interstate highways and roads, then the land connection between several states in the USA will be butchered, thus giving rise to several communication and transportation issues.
One of the most important Interstate highways is I-95.
Florida is one of the most beautiful states in the USA. Especially the beaches of Florida are considered to be perfect in all sorts. Therefore, people from all over the world visit Florida.
The I-95 is a highway in Florida that runs along the Atlantic coast.
If we take a look at its specifications, then it touches several important areas, including:
- Gold coast,
- Treasure coast,
- Space Coast and
- First coast.
I-95 follows the exact same route as revolutionaries during the wars of 1775-1783. I-95 runs 1,920 mi between Maine and Florida, making it the longest north-south Interstate in America.
It traverses 15 states, making it the longest interstate.
Is I-95 a toll road in Florida?
Yes and no. Although I-95 isn’t a toll road, certain sections of the highway do require payment. These toll roads will be operated by the Florida Department of Transportation’s Turnpike Enterprise.
There are actually several toll plazas located along I-95 in Florida.
- The Golden Glades Interchange is a toll plaza located in Miami-Dade County. It is at the northernmost point on the Miami-Dade Expressway.
- The Deerfield Toll Plaza is located in Broward County and is just north of Fort Lauderdale.
- The Lantana Toll Plaza is in Palm Beach County, just south of West Palm Beach.
- The Fort Pierce Toll Plaza is located in St. Lucie County, just north of Port St. Lucie.
- The Vero Beach Toll Plaza is located in Indian River County, just south of Sebastian.
- The Daytona Beach Toll Plaza is located in Volusia County and is just north of Daytona Beach.
- The St. John’s River Bridge is a bridge that spans the St. John’s River near Jacksonville. To cross this bridge, drivers must pay a fee.
Tolls will vary depending on what vehicle you drive and which section of the highway you are on. Tolls at Golden Glades Interchange can range from $1.25 – $2.75 for passenger cars, and at St. John’s River Bridge, they range from $1 – $5.
There are other routes that you can use to get around the I-95 toll plazas if you plan to drive through Florida. These routes are not as direct and can take longer than the toll roads.
While I-95 is not a tolled road in Florida, certain sections require that you pay a toll. If you plan to travel through Florida, it is important to know the toll plazas and budget accordingly.
You can make your Florida road trip smoother with a little planning.
What cities does I-95 go through in Florida?
Are you planning a road trip through Florida and wondering which cities you’ll pass by on I-95? Well, let me tell you, my friend, that the answer is quite exciting!
When it comes to road trips, the route you take can make all the difference. And I-95 in Florida is no exception!
This highway passes through some of the most important and happening cities in the state, making it a route of great significance and interest to travelers.
So, which cities does I-95 pass through in Florida? Let me break it down for you:
- First up, we have the sun-drenched city of Lauderdale, with its sandy beaches and trendy cafes. Then, we have West Palm Beach, known for its upscale shopping and dining scene. And let’s not forget about the famous Gold Coast, where the rich and famous go to play.
- Moving north, we come across the Treasure Coast, with its picturesque beaches and charming towns. Next up is the Space Coast, where you can catch a glimpse of NASA’s Kennedy Space Center and learn all about space exploration.
- As we head further north, we come across Daytona Beach, a hotspot for motorsports enthusiasts and beach lovers alike. And nearby, we have Port Orange, a peaceful coastal town that’s perfect for a relaxing getaway.
- Continuing up the coast, we reach Saint Augustine, the oldest continuously occupied European settlement in the United States, and a must-see for history buffs. And finally, we arrive at Jacksonville, a vibrant city with a thriving arts and culture scene.
Of course, there are many more cities and towns along I-95 in Florida, but these are some of the highlights that will surely pique your interest and make your road trip all the more exciting!
So, next time you’re planning a trip through the Sunshine State, make sure to include I-95 in your itinerary and experience all the amazing cities it has to offer.
What major cities does I-95 go through?
Are you a road-trip enthusiast looking for a thrilling adventure?
Then, buckle up and get ready to hit the road on I-95, the ultimate highway that connects Florida to some of the most iconic cities in the United States.
We all know that small cities have their own charm, but when it comes to highways, it’s the major cities that make all the difference.
And boy, does I-95 deliver!
- From Boston to Miami, this highway connects Florida to some of the most influential cities in the country, making it a must-visit route for any traveler.
- Starting from Savannah and Portland, the highway takes you through Providence and Boston, where you can explore the rich history and culture of New England. Then, you’ll hit New York, the city that never sleeps, and Philadelphia, where the Declaration of Independence was signed.
- As you continue down the road, you’ll pass through Baltimore, the birthplace of the American National Anthem, and Washington DC, the political capital of the United States. And let’s not forget about Richmond, the former capital of the Confederacy, and Fayetteville, a charming town in North Carolina.
- But the excitement doesn’t stop there! As you enter Florida, you’ll arrive in Jacksonville, a bustling city with a rich cultural heritage. And finally, you’ll reach the Sunshine State’s crown jewel, Miami, where you can soak up the sun, surf, and salsa.
All these cities are connected by the U.S. 1 and I-95, making it a vital road for both the political and financial centers of the country.
And while the list of cities goes on and on, these are the major names that will make your road trip unforgettable.
The list of counties
If we take a look at the list of counties from where it passes, then we will come to know that it touches more than 12 counties. The list of these counties is provided below for the enhancement of your knowledge:
- Palm Beach
- St Lucie
- Indian River
- St. Johns
What states does Interstate 95 go through?
As the name indicates that the road under discussion is an interstate road; thus, it means that it connects two different states together. Many interstate roads touch more than two states.
Thus, if we take a look at the details of the road under discussion, then we will come to know that I 95 connects the two most important states of the USA. It connects Georgia and Florida.
States with U.S. 1 in perspective
This is not all. In fact, since we know that the I-95 originates from the U.S. 1, therefore it gives you access to more than only two states.
In fact, you can access a number of states.
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- New York
- New Jersey
- Washington, D.C.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
All these names help us understand the fact that the I95 is the most important freeway in the U.S.
Are you in the mood for a road trip? If so, buckle up, and let’s hit the open road!
I-95 to Florida is an iconic journey that starts on the East Coast and takes you all the way down to the sunshine state.
If you want to explore some of America’s most beautiful cities, sights, and sounds, it can be a great way to experience what this country has to offer.
So, what are you waiting for?
Hop in your car, put on your favorite playlist, and hit the road on I-95, where adventure and excitement await you at every turn!