The Pop Stansell Memorial Park is a beautiful spot for a picnic or a leisurely stroll. The park is located on Sutherland Bayou and has views of the Gulf of Mexico and St. Joseph Sound.
There are many reasons to visit Pop Stansell Memorial Park, and we’ve listed a few of them below.
While we’re sure there’s something that’s worth seeing, we can’t wait to go back to check out the various parks and monuments that line the park’s grounds. After all, we’re in the Midwest after all!
So, what’s so great about this city park, anyway?
Pop Stansell Memorial Park Things to Do
The pier at H.S. “Pop” Stansell Memorial Park is getting a makeover. The 165-foot pier will be extended about 20 feet landward to accommodate a ramp that complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. When finished, the new structure should last between 15 and 20 years.
Pop Stansell, who moved to Palm Harbor from Georgia in 1925, was a visionary businessman. His family owned Stansell’s Truck Service, which transported citrus for the Manatee Fruit Company. Back then, this area of Florida was primarily citrus farms.
The park has a full bandshell and an active playground.
There is also a paddleboard rental station for families to enjoy. The park offers a fishing pier and a kayak launch.
This area also hosts Movies in the Park. The park also features a bandshell and a picnic shelter. It’s a great place for a family outing.
You can even rent a bandshell at the park to watch a movie in comfort.
What hotels are near H. S. Pop Stansell Memorial Park?
Hotels near H. S. Pop Stansell Memorial Park:
- Meranova Bed & Breakfast
- Beyond The Wall Bed and Breakfast
- Palm Court Motel
What restaurants are near H. S. Pop Stansell Memorial Park?
- There are many restaurants located near H. S. Pop Stansell Memorial Park, but the most popular one is Nick’s Seafood Restaurant. This restaurant offers a boat ramp that makes it easy to access Basin Bayou for fishing. The surrounding area is also home to numerous lakes and bays, which makes it a perfect location for a family outing or date night.
- Coolside Gelato Bar is the perfect place to enjoy a delicious dessert after a day of fishing at Basin Bayou. The gelato here is made with real fruit and all-natural ingredients, so you can indulge without guilt. Both Coolside Gelato Bar and the Pop Stansell Memorial Park are great places to relax and take in the natural beauty of the area.
- Reel BBQ is worth the drive if you love good BBQ. A 12-14 bone rack of baby back dry-rubbed ribs are served. They are tender and fall off the bones. There are many sauces available that are delicious. It is sold only on Fridays and has a wonderful Smokey flavor. You should not judge a book by its cover. Otherwise, you’ll miss the best BBQ in Palm Harbor. It is best to place your order as soon as possible, as they may sell out. They can also provide pulled pork and chicken, and they can cater for your next event. This place is a hidden treasure of delicious barbecue that is loved by locals. The owner cooks every meal with love and the sauce is the best in the area. A review said that the prices were high. But, you get what you pay for! You will have to pay for fresh, good BBQ that has been prepared with love and care. This place is a must-see for any BBQ enthusiast who loves and appreciates BBQ.
- De Bine Brewing Co has a friendly staff and a huge variety of craft beer. You can enjoy the Pinellas Trail from a large space, with a game room and an outdoor area (shaded), because it is so big. Food trucks will satisfy your hunger pangs. Enjoy a generous Happy Hour on weekdays. It’s a great way to get involved in the community.
Overall, H. S. Pop Stansell Memorial Park is a great place to visit for a family outing or date night. There are many things to do in the park, including fishing, kayaking, and watching movies in the park.
The surrounding area is also home to many restaurants, making it easy to find a place to eat after a day of exploring the park.