Memorial Day Weekend is just around the corner, and what better way to kick off summer than with a fun-filled trip to Florida? With its sunny beaches, thrilling attractions, and an endless array of activities for all ages, Florida is the ultimate destination for a memorable Memorial Day weekend.
Memorial Day Weekend in Florida is the perfect time to enjoy beaches and attractions. Florida offers something for everybody, whether you are looking for a quiet getaway, an exciting family adventure, or a fun party.
Whether you’re looking to soak up some sun on the sand or explore the state’s vibrant cities, there’s something for everyone in Florida. From theme parks and water parks to outdoor adventures and cultural experiences, this state has it all.
So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable holiday weekend – here are our top picks for things to do in Florida Memorial Day Weekend!
How do people in Florida celebrate Memorial Day?
Memorial Day, is a federally recognized holiday honoring the men and women who lost their lives while serving the U.S. Military.
This is also the time when we remember their sacrifices and celebrate democracy and freedom. In Florida, many people celebrate Memorial Day with ceremonies, parades, and concerts that honor fallen heroes.
The following are some of the more popular Memorial Day events:
- Miami Beach Air & Sea Show & Music Explosion – This is a two-day festival that features jet flying, powerboat races, water activities, live entertainment, and fireworks. The event also pays tribute to military personnel and first responders through special demonstrations and displays.
- Honor Our Heroes 5K Run – This event in Clearwater Beach is open to runners of any age and ability. It’s a great way for them to support veterans and their family members. This race begins and ends on Pier 60 where you can also enjoy live music, vendors, sunset celebrations, and other entertainment. It also showcases military vehicles, equipment, and memorabilia. The event also features military equipment and vehicles 2..
- Memorial Day Concert at Cypress Grove – The Orlando Concert Band performs patriotic songs and presents a POW/MIA Remembrance during this free event in Orlando. A picnic featuring food trucks, games and is held after the concert. It also features a special appearance by Connie Francis, who sang “Where the Boys Are” in the 1960 movie of the same name that was filmed in Fort Lauderdale. It has a special appearance by Connie Francis, who sang “Where Connie Francis will also make a special guest appearance. She sang the song “Where the Boys Are”, which was featured in the Fort Lauderdale 1960 film of the same title.
Is Florida busy on Memorial Day weekend?
Memorial Day Weekend is Florida’s busiest time of year. The warm weather and the beginning of summer are reasons for many people to flock to Florida.
Florida is a popular destination for tourists because of:
- COVID-19 and vaccine availability are now available with relaxed restrictions
- Gas prices are affordable and so is airfare
- Diverse attractions and activities
- Close proximity to other countries and states
With more tourists comes increased traffic, more crowds, and more expensive prices.
Book your tickets, accommodation, and transportation in advance if you plan to travel during Florida Memorial Day Weekend.
Before you travel, make sure to check local safety and health guidelines. Be prepared to deal with delays, long lines, and sold-out events.
What is the most popular thing to do during Memorial Weekend?
This three-day weekend offers many opportunities to relax, celebrate, and remember. Here are some popular activities people enjoy during this weekend.
Florida offers a variety of fun activities, beautiful beaches, and endless sunshine!
It is a great destination for weekend getaways. Enjoy these fun activities in Florida during Memorial Day Weekend:
Florida’s beaches are world-renowned, and Memorial Day Weekend is the ideal time to enjoy some surf and sun.
Florida has it all, whether you want a calm beach to relax in or one with lots of activity.
Check out Clearwater Beach and South Beach. Daytona Beach is also a popular beach.
Enjoy a Boat Tour
A boat tour allows you to experience Florida’s wildlife up close. You never know what wildlife you’ll see on a boat trip, from dolphins and sea turtles to alligators.
You can choose between eco-tours and sunset cruises as well as pirate-themed tours.
Theme Parks are a great way to spend a day
Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect time to visit some of Florida’s most popular theme parks. Florida theme parks have something to offer everyone, whether you are a Disney fan, Universal, or SeaWorld.
Enjoy live entertainment, and roller coasters and meet your favorite characters.
Everglades National Park: Explore it!
The Everglades ecosystem is unique, beautiful, and home to many species of animals. From alligators to panthers and snakes to birds and even alligators.
Explore the Everglades on an airboat or guided kayak tour. Perhaps you’ll even see a Florida Panther or rare bird species.
Enjoy the Fishing
Florida’s fishing is world-renowned, and Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect time to try it. Florida offers plenty of fishing opportunities for both experienced and novice anglers. There are many options for fishing in Florida, from freshwater rivers and lakes to deep-sea fishing.
Explore a museum
Florida is a state with a long history, rich culture, and many museums. There’s something to suit everyone, from art and science museums, history museums and cultural centers. Popular options include the Kennedy Space Center and the Miami Art Museum.
Enjoy a Hike
Memorial Day Weekend is the ideal time to visit Florida’s beautiful natural areas. You can choose a hike that suits your style, whether you want to take a strenuous walk or an easy stroll.
The Florida Trail, Apalachicola National Park, and Everglades National Park are all popular places to hike.
Enjoy a festival
Memorial Day Weekend is not an exception. Florida is always hosting something, whether it’s food and music festivals or art and cultural festivals.
Popular options include the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival and the Tampa Bay Margarita Festival.
Florida has some fantastic shopping spots, and Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect time to get some bargains.
Florida has a wide variety of shops, from outlet malls to department stores and boutiques to local markets.
The Sawgrass Mills Mall is a popular option, as are the Mall at Millenia and the Lincoln Road Mall.
Relax and Unwind
Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect time to relax. It’s important to take some time out to relax, whether you are relaxing on the beach or enjoying a book at the pool.
Isn’t this what the long weekend is about?
It can be difficult to pick just one thing to do during the Memorial Day Weekend in Florida.
With a bit of planning, you can squeeze in a lot of relaxation and adventure in only a few days.
Florida makes a great weekend destination, whether you are traveling alone, with family, or with friends.
Why not kick off the summer with a visit to Florida?